£28500 - £29000 per annum
28 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a military defence company as a 3rd Line Support Engineer, based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
This 3rd Line Support Engineer position will provide IT support to frontline military services and will be working in a team of 3.
The key responsibilities for this 3rd Line Support Engineer are:
- Owning customer tickets, ensuring momentum in solving the tickets and ensuring timely closure
- Your customer contacts will be IT technicians and administrators
- Supporting technical solutions that involve multiple hardware platforms and communication channels, including LAN/WAN, SATCOM, 3G/4G/5G and data radios
- Supporting systems that use multiple levels of security and classifications
The key skills required for this 3rd Line Support Engineer are:
- Experience with servers - Windows, Linux and SQL
- Infrastructure/network - HW
- LAN/WAN - switching/routing
Desirable skills to have for this 3rd Line Support Engineer are:
- Having a basic understanding of ITIL
- Understanding of SW code (Java, HTML), not requirements for coding
- Knowledge of SATCOM, 3G/4G/5G/ and data radio
- software development
- software test
If you do have the relevant experience for this 3rd Line Support Engineer position, please do apply.