Dependent on experience
074 119 60553
24 days ago
Job Title: Application Support Developer
Location: York / Remote
Employment Type: Permanent
Excellent opportunity for an Application Support Developer to work for an established company offering successful IT modernisation services. They have clients across different industries including public sector, retail, transport, education and media. The team is based in York with remote work flexibility.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced PHP developer and demonstrable knowledge in application support. You will be a part of Application Support team, working closely with Technical Leads and Architects, investigating, diagnosing and resolving issues across a variety of applications.
- Respond to incidents, service requests and provide guidance to customers, undertake service improvement and development projects.
- Work throughout the development and customer engagement life cycle to deliver high-quality and robust service to the highest technical standards.
- Support and development of applications, services, APIs and user interfaces for the customers.
- Debugging of existing applications and implementing code fixes when necessary.
- Development and implementation of enhancements and new functionality for existing solutions.
- Liaise with Service Desk, infrastructure and development teams during incident diagnosis.
- Attends customer meetings or calls with other members of the support team.
- Knowledge of good coding practices and competence in a variety of languages, specifically PHP.
- Understanding of server-side and client-side scripting languages.
- Understanding of enterprise technologies and the software development lifecycle to solve complex problems for our customers.
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable in working with unfamiliar languages and codebases.