500-550 Per Day
about 1 month ago
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will be part of the team responsible for designing, automating, monitoring and evolving Cloud based infrastructure and services. You will also be expected to share your knowledge, experience and advice to the wider company, especially Software Engineering teams who will consume the platform you will be building.
- Building, supporting and automating a container orchestration platform based on the Hashicorp stack (Terraform, Nomad, Vault, Consul) on AWS.
- Orchestrating and automating all other AWS cloud services with Terraform
- Proposing and implementing improvements and relentlessly automating scaling and healing of the platform
- Bringing innovative ideas and technologies to the organization.
- Advocate cloud adoption and best practices
- Introduce failures to the systems to ensure the robustness of automation (Chaos Engineering)
- Follow best DevOps and DevSecOps practices
- Stay current with industry evolution and evaluate which trends/technologies/tools are worth investing in and which are fads
- Coaching other members of the organisation to the appropriate skill level.
- AWS automation
- Terraform or CloudFormation
- Linux/Unix administration
- Continuous Integration Pipelines
- Designing for High Availability / Fault tolerance
- 12 Factor
- Container orchestration platforms (Nomad, Kubernetes or Mesos)
- Source Control (Git)
- Scripting languages (Python or Shell)
This is a 6 month contract to start ASAP working for a Global, technology-driven organisation. Please send your CV for immediate consideration