Greater London, England
Excellent Salary and Benefits package
0113 386 8552
25 days ago
My London based client is looking to recruit an experienced AWS Cloud Security Engineer as a change agent and ambassador for cyber security. Your primary focus will be driving the delivery of cyber security controls for the AWS cloud platform and services– identifying and assessing security threats and risks, defining and enabling secure configuration, and leading security automation.
As AWS Cloud Security Engineer you will act as a change agent and ambassador for cyber security. Their primary focus will be driving the delivery of cyber security controls for the AWS cloud platform and services– identifying and assessing security threats and risks, defining and enabling secure configuration, and leading security automation.
Within this role, the AWS Cloud Security Engineer will :
• Enable and enhance security configuration and DevOps practices through close collaboration with AWS DevOps and by providing secure design patterns and a “hands on” security engineering capability. Supports the definition and implementation of security requirements.
• Deliver security automation in the CI/CD pipeline via leadership, process automation and tooling.
• Implement continuous security control testing, and improvements to monitoring of AWS security events and alerts through optimisation and automation.
• Increase visibility of security threats and configuration weaknesses by optimising the configuration of cloud native security tools, e.g. AWS Config, AWS Inspector, and AWS GuardDuty.
• Reduce security vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses through standards and increased awareness.
• Use security risk metrics to enable DevOps and security to report on threats and the cyber security controls
Technically, the AWS Cloud Engineer will possess the following :
• Deep understanding of AWS data protection and security architecture, and features including AWS IAM, AWS CloudTrail and CloudWatch, AWS Security Groups, AWS KMS, etc
• Good understanding of AWS serverless and containerised architectures, cloud platform and data lake technologies, e.g. S3, EMR, Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, Scala, Dremio
• Demonstrable experience with build and deploy technologies for the AWS platform
• “Hands on” Scripting and AWS security configuration skills.
• Demonstrable experience and execution of security automation, and configuration of AWS cloud native tools to maximise their effectiveness, e.g. AWS Config, AWS Inspector, AWS GuardDuty
• Good Networking understanding, especially in Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Architectures.
• Ability to apply security principles and good practice to manage risk
• Collaborate to develop close working relationships with DevOps teams to build/deploy secure solutions and automate security in the CI/CD pipeline
• AWS cloud certifications, e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Security
• Understanding of FCA and PCI data security control requirements
• Developer background – can code and understands development methodologies and frameworks – Understanding of Scala and Python would be a plus.
• ‘Hands on’ experience of technical security vulnerability assessments and penetration testing using Burp Suite, Kali Linux or similar
• Azure cloud platform skills and knowledge
In return, you will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package