Competitive Salary plus benefits
4 months ago
Salary - Competitive plus benefits
Location - West Yorkshire
You will lead the delivery of numerous data initiatives supporting work streams relating to group change/governance processes and system developments as a key part of the company's data strategy. To do this you will manage and coordinate the delivery activity of an internal Data Engineering team plus external system suppliers as required. You will be accountable for the delivery and maintenance of the group Cloud hosted Data Lake systems and will ensure that designs and roadmaps are effectively documented and communicated to the Architecture community and development teams.
- Define the detailed design and architecture for the Group Data Lake systems incorporating AWS hosted environments, complex data extractions, transformations and downstream data refinery processing.
- Develop and maintain baseline design documentation of the Group Data Lake Systems
- Work with other Architects and partners to contribute to the overall Enterprise Solution design
- Working with the Data Science team to define and deliver new data sets to improve insights via data analysis and modelling
- Maintaining and on-going development of a Data Engineering team.
- Development and maintenance of a technical backlog, software release map and technology roadmap for the Group Data Lake Systems
- Mentoring and personal development of team members.
- Document, agree and maintain oversight of key SLA's and KPI's with respect to the effective operation of the team in line with the agreed SDLC.
- Ensure that software is delivered in line with designs and any applicable software development standards.
- Drive the effective engagement with test teams to ensure that software is delivered on time and to agreed quality
- Ensure any remedial activities that are required during testing cycles are delivered to SLA
- Project and SDLC management
- Solution design and documentation
- Translating design into actionable plans and roadmaps
- Agile development techniques and Project management (SCRUM, KANBAN etc.)
- The ability to manage a team and individual performance to achieve set objectives
- The ability to apply coaching techniques that will lead to increased team and individual performance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to communicate complex design to other Technical team members
- Effective liaison with a geographically dispersed team and management
- Software development cycles and approaches
- Use of online collaboration tools JIRA and Confluence
- Deep understanding of data and analytics, gained within data warehouse and/or data lake environments
- Amazon Web Services and ETL Data Integration – data management technologies
- Structured, semi-structured and unstructured data types and functional strengths/weaknesses
- Working knowledge of Change Management processes and Project Management methodologies
- Data modelling and mapping techniques
- Data quality and cleansing processes
- Design and development of data warehouses and/or data lake solutions in a fast paced environment
- Management of a software development team delivering in an agile environment
- Working in a matrix model of in-house software and packaged solution development
- Technically aware, having had exposure to a variety of technologies
- Experience of driving 3rd Party development teams (desirable)
- Working within agile/lean delivery teams and frameworks.
- Processes enabling data masking and anonymization.
- Data source identification, data profiling, interpretation of patterns and functional specifications.
- Assessment and improvement of data quality and latency factors.
- Amazon Web Services data management technologies
- Data Integration patterns and/or Cloud Data Warehouse platforms, AWS