60000 Per Annum
4 months ago
Business Intelligence Technical Lead - Leeds City Centre
We are working with a FS client in Central leeds and they are looking to increase the capacity and quality of their MI and Data service function.
If you have proven technical leadership of the BI/MI architecture and processes used to drive forward an enterprise data strategy and want to develop a career in a changing and exciting business then let me know!
Overall you'll provide technical leadership of the architecture, systems, tools, techniques and processes used to deliver the services.
- Develop and maintain the BI Technical strategy for the business, ensuring its alignment to the Enterprise Data Strategy and Enterprise and Technical Architecture roadmaps.
- Work with Data Architecture and Solution Design to define and deliver the architecture and patterns for consumption of data post performance layer, with overall responsibility for design of data structures within the semantic layer, reporting tools & techniques, report/job scheduling and BI tooling.
- Define and maintain the BI governance framework, including creating standards, policies and principles for development, presentation, testing, distribution and maintenance of BI, which delivers the business requirement for accurate, timely and trusted data.
- Ensure BI designs align with strategic data and solution architecture principles including standards for metadata management.
- Engage on a technical level with change programmes/activities to ensure designs/proposals aligning to the BI technical strategy and are operable within the Data & MI Service.
- Act as the primary interface for the BI team with Enterprise Architecture, Data Architecture, Solution Design, Data Governance and Information Security.
The Knowledge & Skills you'll have:
- Operated as a BI Technical Lead, BI Architect, Data Architect or Principle BI Analyst or similar in a large complex data driven organisation.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or Statistics) or equivalent vocational / operational experience.
- Be resilient and tenacious approach to driving change and creating a team culture of embracing new technologies and practices.
- Extensive experience in business intelligence, data management and reporting best practice.
- Understanding and experience in OLAP technologies.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of a range of BI tools, including common data visualisation software (in particular Business Objects BI Suite).
- Practical and theoretical grasp of the principles of BI presentation and data visualisation.