£470 - £475 per day
9 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Bid Writer for a rapidly growing software consultancy, on a fully remote contract, inside IR35.
This Bid Writer position is a hands-on writing and bid/proposal management role that requires liaising with a range of contributors, including technical specialists, from all sectors of the organisation and producing consistently high-quality, compelling responses for the broad set of tailored services that this company offers.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of working within a busy presales team in a fast-moving commercial environment working to tight deadlines, and will have an excellent understanding of, and the ability consistently to practise and evangelise, the fundamental elements of assembling a winning response.
The key duties for this Bid Writer position include:
- Supporting triage and contributing to the qualification of bid/no bid decisions
- Managing and writing bids and proposals from end to end - producing high-quality documents and ensuring completed bids/proposals meet the required specifications - including:
- Convening bid response teams
- Communicating requirements, deadlines and expectations to them and other key stakeholders
- Identifying and embedding win themes
- Overseeing and managing the written and editorial aspects of the bid and proposal development process - managing and collating technical input, writing and editing, reviewing and proofreading
- Commercial and contractual input/support/administration
- Supporting the submission process as needed i.e. submitting finished bids using a variety of portals
- Varying writing style as needed to produce compelling bids and proposals for numerous distinct departments, industry sectors and business lines
- Reviewing and editing the written work of colleagues from across the wider business and from within the bid team, checking drafts for accuracy, comprehensiveness, readability, clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and formatting.
The key skills experience required for this Bid Writer are:
- Demonstrable recent experience of bid/proposal writing and management
- Experience of leading and responding to opportunities aligned with the company's strategy
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- The ability to write about complex, technical concepts in easy-to-understand ways and convey ideas simply for a wide variety of readers
- Knowledge/experience of software and technology consultancy and/or professional services would be beneficial
If you do have the relevant experience for this Bid Writer position, please do apply.