Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £0.00 per annum + up to £50k plus benefits package
28 days ago
Big Data Engineer
Location - Leeds
We have an exciting opportunity to join a leading client as a Big Data Engineer in the heart of Leeds City Centre.
As a data engineer, one of the lead data engineers will take you under their wing and help get the best out of you.
You will quickly be brought into the mindset of being an active participant and contributor in all team related tasks.
You'll be assisted throughout as you deliver against the requirements of the various functions within the business, be that one of the many key customer-facing products, trading and analytics suites or more besides.
From your very first day with our client, your lead engineer will set out the foundations of your career development plan which you will regularly discuss and amend as you progress. This is your journey though, and what works for one person won't always be expected to work with another so be open and honest with each other.
Joining the team you can expect to work with:
- Established and establishing teams of innovative and enthusiastic data engineers, testers, data scientists, business analysts, solution architects, product owners and delivery leads
- New and existing data pipelines, extracting, loading and transforming billions of records and messages each day
- A large Hadoop cluster using HDFS, HBASE, Hive and Impala
- A mix of Scala, Spark, Python, Groovy, Ruby, SQL, Docker, Vault and more
- Version control using Git
- Orchestration and scheduling using Jenkins
- Platforms that scale and perform, or that at least will with your help