City and District of St. Albans
£40000 - £45000 per annum
25 days ago
My client a leading company based in St Albans are searching for a Business Intelligence Developer to help support the Business Intelligence team in providing ad-hoc and project driven BI solutions, data analysis and technical support to facilitate management decision making and operational activities within International business.
You will be given the opportunity to work with staff of all levels, across multiple departments, to identify requirements and define, design and develop BI solutions.
You will support different teams during delivery of new projects and dealing with incidents. Expertise in SQL Server and BI tools coupled with good knowledge of data modelling and data warehousing principles are essential to the role.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Good working knowledge of relevant BI technologies and methodologies (T-SQL, Full Microsoft BI Stack - SSAS, SSIS and SSRS, etc.).
- Good understanding of data interrogation via T-SQL, DAX - Being able to create calculated metrics and document these in line with our cubes.
- Proven track record in building ETL cleansing and transformation routines, Data Quality Frameworks, Orchestration Frameworks using SSIS, Stored procedures and equivalent tools on a scheduled and automated basis.
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing methodologies, particularly Kimball (Star Schema, SCD's, Dimensions, Facts) with a view for a single version of the truth.
- Good analytical skills with a proven ability to use data to provide insights and identify root cause.
- Good understanding of data architecture from both a logical and physical perspective.
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging and critical thinking skills.
- Good knowledge and experience with at least one cloud platform (e.g.: Microsoft Azure or similar) would be beneficial.
- Develop and own the existing data warehouse deliverables to combine data from a variety of sources to allow for greater business understanding and data insights.
- Develop and own Tabular and SSAS (OLAP) cube deliverables to enable self-service for our key users
- Development of reports in appropriate technology including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI.
- Pro-actively identify application improvements and identify the best technical solution for implementation.
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.