City of Manchester
£45000 - £75000 per annum
about 1 month ago
The C#.Net Software Engineer will report to the Service Delivery Manager and will experience in a delivery focused environment.
The candidate will have:
- Strong "Software Engineering" fundamentals and practical experience
- Commercial experience of software development in C#
- Strong Object Oriented skills (eg from C#, C++, Java or similar)
- Good database knowledge and strong SQL skills (on an enterprise level database, preferably TSQL and/or PL/SQL)
- Related Experience in one of the other .NET areas such as WPF, WCF, WF, LINQ etc.
- Unit test frameworks such as MS Test or NUnit
- Exposure to continuous integration, build tools and Scripting
- Use of source code version control
The individual will need to be able to work primarily within a project team but also be comfortable presenting their ideas to management and clients.
Delivery focused and flexible in work undertaken. The candidate will also ideally possess some commercial IT delivery experience within the service industry.
Optional, but beneficial experience from the following list:
- Good understanding of WPF, or Silverlight
- Good understanding of WCF or SOAP/RESTful Web Services
- Experience of MVVM within a WPF application
- UML and Use Cases
- ASP/ASP.NET experience
- Experience within the financial markets and/or oil, gas and power
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc.)