West Yorkshire, England
Up to £0.00 per day + Excellent Daily Rate
3 months ago
I am looking for an experienced Contract Cisco Network Engineer for large client of mine inWest Yorkshire, they need someone with varied experience and ideally some Checkpoint and F5 experience.
What Youll Do
- Removing legacy routing protocols from the core data network and help optimise the remaining ones.
- Documenting existing and proposed routing protocols
- Designing a change to the Group-wide default gateway, with a robust implementation plan.
- Planning and implementing a software upgrade on core data centre switches (HP Comware)
- Designing and implementing BGP peering with key cloud service providers.
- Document and validate the existing configurations prior to transfer.
- Aligning configurations with current best practice taking advantage of new features.
- Designing, documenting and subsequent installing, configuring and supporting of infrastructure required to sustain the various phases of Network implementation, from development through to live transition and support.
- Ensuring all implementations are added to the appropriate monitoring systems and are fully resilient.
- Are an established 'expert' in the installation and administration of network security within a large-scale corporate environment
- Have an advanced understanding of Internet Protocol (IP) networks
- Have excellent knowledge surrounding firewall operation and firewall rule specification, particularly current Checkpoint technologies
- Have the ability to influence colleagues, and to relay technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Have a proven ability to develop and maintain high quality documentation
- Have experience of managing internal Network Services projects
- Have an excellent knowledge and experience of routing and switching
- Proven track record in designing and delivering network and security solutions
- Possess good Security/Network problem diagnosis and resolution skills
- Have a good understanding of IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Service provision
- Have a relevant technical certification