West Yorkshire, England
£70000 - £75000 per annum + £6k car and 25% bonus
4 months ago
This role operates as Cloud Infrastructure Architect for an industry leading client, accountable for strategic planning, design and delivery of cloud infrastructure components.
Support the business in migrating its current service from traditional collocated IT into cloud-based solutions.
Accountability for defining, documenting and maintaining a European Cloud Infrastructure
Services and Roadmap in accordance to business needs, IT Enterprise Architecture guidance,
Cost and quality effectiveness and latest innovations in IT.
Responsibility for delivering appropriate technology solutions across Cloud Infrastructure
platforms and contribution to delivery of the Group IT Strategy.
This role is 50% hands on.
- Designing and delivering stable and highly available Cloud Infrastructure for the business The scope includes:
- Public Cloud Infrastructure management (IaaS, PaaS), especially AWS
- Operating Systems on the VMs
- Backup, archiving, restoring of company data/systems management
- Network management
- Databases management
- Automation IaaS/PaaS deployment
- Scripting of the Cloud Infrastructure components deployment
- Work closely with Cloud System Administrators to make sure the environments are stable and fit for purpose
- Working closely with the SDMs from IT Operations to ensure adequate ITIL processes are implemented in managed cloud Infrastructure
- Hands on implementation of designed solutions
- Verification and impact assessments of all cloud Infrastructure change requests received
- Cooperating with other leaders to deliver agreed goals and roadmap which support the overall business
- Delivering the appropriate technology solutions in a variety of Cloud infrastructure technology areas
- Providing expert advice and consultation on the Cloud infrastructure implementation and support
- Working with third party suppliers and products, as well as in-country IT to identify and deliver appropriate IT Infrastructure technologies and solutions.
- Collaboration with other IT infrastructure teams and functions to provide technical solutions for infrastructure disaster recovery
- Participation in relevant IT governance bodies
- Analyzing risks related to cloud infrastructure components and providing appropriate mitigations