Leeds, West Yorkshire
£65000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
12 months ago
My award winning client, based in Leeds, are currently recruiting for an AWS Cloud Consultant/Architect (Amazon Web Services/AWS).
This is a high level role where you will help build and progress the AWS / Amazon Web Services capability for the business and help develop the strategy moving forward.
Ideally, they need someone with AWS experience (they are an AWS Advanced Partner) and have ambitious plans to grow the AWS team. They are open to candidates who dont have any AWS experience as training will be provided (to get you certified to the professional standard), however candidates with AWS experience will be strongly preferred.
Azure/Rackspace/VMware/Google Cloud experience will be considered instead of AWS but the strategy is to use AWS and to grow in this area.
Excellent client facing skills are needed for this role, it will be a 60% client facing role and you will be home/office based 40% of the time.
Recent cloud based solutions experience is a must. A solid technical background, on premise architecture and consultancy experience will be ideal.
You will be working on enterprise scale projects so excellent stakeholder/vendor management experience will be a strength.
Some more information:
Candidates will have successfully operated as a hands-on Cloud Consultant, ideally in a lead role, on large scale delivery projects - at least one of which will have been a complex, enterprise project or programme.
In addition, were looking for people with experience of:
- Leading teams.
- Delivering complex, enterprise level infrastructure solutions.
- Requirements Analysis using structured techniques (Design Patterns, Use Cases and UML.)
- Architecture models of complex systems.
- Experience of cloud solutions which support the transformation of business services provided to one or more of the following sectors: Local Government, Central Government, Financial Services, Telco services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail and Commercial services
- Proven vendor management skills, including identification, selection and operational partnership.
- Technical background should include IT integration and transformation/migration, including working knowledge of enterprise applications integration, DevOps and automation, open source platforms, SOA Middleware platforms, as well as storage and hosting solutions.
- Cloud Architect certification (one of AWS, Azure, VMware).
This is an urgent requirement so please apply immediately to be considered.