City of London, London
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Plus bonus and benefits
8 days ago
Senior Cloud Security Engineer (AWS)
£80,000 plus excellent bonus and benefits
Working in partnership with a leading organisation the Bridge are recruiting for an AWS Cloud Security Engineer to join a growing team. Your primary focus will be to drive the delivery of cyber security controls for the AWS cloud platform, identifying and assessing security threats and risks, defining and enabling secure configuration and leading security automation.
- Enable and enhance security configuration and DevOps practices through close collaboration with AWS DevOps and by providing secure design patterns, and a "hands on" security engineering capability.
- Deliver security automation in the CI/CD pipeline via leadership, process automation and tooling.
- Implement continuous security control testing, and improvements to monitoring of AWS security events and alerts through optimisation and automation.
- Increase visibility of security threats and configuration weaknesses by optimising the configuration of cloud native security tools, e.g. AWS Config, AWS Inspector, and AWS GuardDuty.
- Reduce security vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses through standards and increased awareness.
- Use security risk metrics to enable DevOps and security to report on threats and the cyber security controls.
- Deep understanding of AWS data protection and security architecture, and features including AWS IAM, AWS CloudTrail and CloudWatch, AWS Security Groups, AWS KMS, etc
- Good understanding of AWS serverless architecture, cloud platform and data lake technologies, e.g. Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, Scala, Dremio
- Demonstrable experience with build and deploy technologies for the AWS platform
- "Hands on" AWS scripting and security configuration skills.
- Good understanding of 'Big Data' concepts and analytics on cloud platforms.
- 'Hands on' experience with Agile methodologies, and build and deploy technologies such as TeamCity, Octopus, Bamboo.
- Demonstrable experience and execution of security automation, and configuration of AWS cloud native tools to maximise their effectiveness, e.g. AWS Config, AWS Inspector, AWS GuardDuty
- Ability to apply security principles and good practice to manage risk
- Collaborate to develop close working relationships with DevOps teams to build/deploy secure solutions and automate security in the CI/CD pipeline
- AWS cloud certifications, e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Security
If you have the above experience and are keen to work in a challenging and technology driven environment please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.