Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
the Bridge IT are currently recruiting for a contract cloud engineer for a global organisation to be based in Northamptonshire. The contract will be initially 6 months and likely to extend a few times. This contract role is offering fantastic daily rates.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer/Architect you will have full accountability for:
- Building, supporting and automating a container orchestration platform based on the Hashicorp stack (Terraform, Nomad, Vault, Consul) on AWS.
- Orchestrating and automating all other AWS cloud services with Terraform
- Proposing and implementing improvements and relentlessly automating scaling and healing of the platform
- Bringing innovative ideas and technologies to the organization.
- Advocate cloud adoption and best practices
- Introduce failures to the systems to ensure the robustness of automation (Chaos Engineering)
- Follow best DevOps and DevSecOps practices
- Stay current with industry evolution and evaluate which trends/technologies/tools are worth investing in and which are fads
Experience for the role:
To be successful in this role you will have gained experience in some of the following:
- Using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS)
- AWS automation
- Terraform or CloudFormation
- Linux/Unix administration
- CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins/Gitlab CI)
- Configuration Management (Ansible/Puppet)
- Monitoring (DataDog/NewRelic)
- Container orchestration platforms (Nomad, Kubernetes or Mesos)
- Source Control (Git)
- Scripting languages (Python or Shell)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading organisation who are working with cutting edge technologies to help on a migration project. It will be a long-term contract offering good daily rates. If you are interested please send your CV for immediate consideration as our client is looking to hire ASAP.
6 months - Good Daily Rate on offer - AWS - Terraform - Cloud Engineer - Northamptonshire