£25000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
11 days ago
My client a leading company based in Reading are searching for Core Network Engineer to provide the first point of contact for all core network incidents on multiple customer network platforms. You will be working in a mixed Cisco and Juniper Environment, monitoring platforms and maintaining /running the day to day operations of the core network. Looking for someone who is CCNP Certified and eligible for SC Clearance.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- A CCNP with hands experience on implementation and troubleshooting of complex networking solutions
- Firewall experience, particularly with Cisco and/or PaloAlto, SRX
- Security clearance or the ability to be SC cleared
- Experience working with Cisco technologies, troubleshooting of switching, routing and firewall platforms
- Ability to provision and troubleshoot IPv4/v6, MPLS vpn, BGP, ISIS, RSVP, LDP, OSPF, DSL, IPSec, PPP/L2TP, 802.1q, Nexus, Pseudowire, QoS, STP, HSRP, VRRP and WAN technologies including Ethernet, xDSL, Leased Lines and LES
- Experience in operating Network Management Systems and SNMP based monitoring systems
- Practical understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 technologies
- Experienced in executing live network changes to ITIL change management standards
- Experience with ITIL processes for Incident, problem, and change management
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV.