£0.00 - £50000.00 per annum + £50,000 plus benefits
27 days ago
Cyber Defence Forensic Analyst - £50,000 - York
The Bridge IT have partnered with a global financial organisation in York City Centre to recruit a Forensic Analyst with a heavy focus on their Cyber Security. The role will join a team that is global with team members working in varying continents.
The role can be remote but must be within commutable distance to the York office should they need to be onsite.
As an Analyst you will be responsible for conducting forensic investigations and analysis in support of cyber incidents that are reported into the team. This will Require the ability to triage and conduct thorough examinations of all types of digital media within a heterogeneous environment, the ability to determine containment and/or remediation activities that may be required as well as identify potential threats. Reporting and collaborating with the different areas of Business will be required, as well as providing relevant lesson learned output that can be fed into the Company's threat landscape.
- Conducts basic analysis to identify the root cause vectors by which the security incident occurred, and to identify which security controls were ineffective and/or not present to detect, mitigate, prevent, or otherwise defend against occurrence.
- Assists with analysis of new technologies and products for security flaws and technical specifications, as well as accurately perform techniques for recovering information as technology and malicious actors evolve towards greater complexity.
- Performs basic analysis using forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files. Works on developing the technical skills to retrieve files and information that have been hidden, deleted or lost, and then transfer the data into evidence using accepted evidence gathering and preservation techniques.
- Experience within Information Technology (networking, development, or systems). - Experience managing projects.
- Strong experience with Digital forensics on host or network from malware perspective, ability to identify anomalous behaviour on network or endpoint devices
- Proficiency in the identification, collection, preservation, and trans missal of cyber evidence artefacts
- Experience with activities involving APT Threats