Greater Manchester, England
£0 per year
0113 380 1919
about 1 month ago
Cyber Security Analyst
I am currently looking for a Cyber Security Analyst for a client based in Greater Manchester.
Purpose of the role
Working with IT colleagues and business leaders to manage all daily operations including monitoring security systems and handling security incidents whilst promoting the best practice and maintaining an IT security awareness culture across the business.
- The key responsibilities of the post are to:
- Cyber Security Monitoring (day to day, weekends)
- alerts/triage/action (MUAzure/O365, AlienVault-on-Prem)
- Sophos alerts (endpoints)
- Symantec service (email scanning)
- Cyber mailbox
- Trustwave scan (on-prem firewalls)
- Patching deployment,
- Ongoing patching assessments (Microsoft, third party)
- Scheduled in with IT operations, and check/track status –
- Maintain all cyber security settings and configuration for Azure, O365, Sophos, Alien Vault, end user devices, Symantec and firewalls
- Run external pen test programme (via third party)
- OT and remote sites – internal pen test
What to expect
This role will stay ahead of the curve in relation to emerging threats, intel, security technologies, products and methods that will enable further enhancement of the security posture of the business.
The Cyber Security Analyst must possess detailed knowledge of the following in order to perform their role effectively;
- Cloud and hosting technologies (Azure, O365)
- SIEM monitoring technologies
- Patching process and systems
- Penetration testing methodologies
- Vulnerability management
- Endpoint protection
- Remote connectivity solutions - VPN, WVD
If you have Cyber Security Analyst experience and believe that you have the key skills required for this role and can take on the responsibilities required, please get in contact.