Contract Data Engineer - Leeds
about 1 month ago
the Bridge IT are currently recruiting for a contract data engineer to be based in Leeds city centre. This will be a long-term engagement and my client are offering fantastic daily rates. Circa £550/600 per day depending on experience.
This is working for a great client who are working on a fantastic project and will be a long-term project.
Experience for the role:
- 7-10 years’ experience data engineering
- A data engineering background having coded on big data platforms. Especially looking for Kafka, Hortonworks experience
- Ideally some experience with AWS big data solutions
- Familiar with and has developed in a DevOps way using a CI/CD pipeline
For this role you need to be very experienced with most of these technologies: Spark, HDFS, Hue, Scala, Yarn, NiFi, Kafka, Python, R, PySpark, Ranger. Needs enough experience to know the pitfalls to advise other devs how to avoid them.
Nice to have:
- Ideally experience with AWS big data solutions (ie EMR) but also generic AWS architecture (ECS, EC2, Fargate, Lambda etc)
- Ideally some security experience especially around key based encryption using AWS HSM classic or v2
If you have the above experience please send your CV for immediate consideration as our client are looking to hire ASAP.