City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Data Engineer - Python
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits
Location - Central London
This is a new and exciting opportunity for Data Engineer to work within the Sport industry in Central London. You'll be involved with their data warehouse migration where they're moving from an Oracle cluster to the cloud-based Snowflake data warehouse. You to be need someone who can unpick the current PL/SQL ETL processes on the Oracle system and re-implement in Python using libraries such as pandas and sqlAlchemy. The process is managed in an AWS framework using several services (you don't to know every service inside-out but a bit of experience using cloud services in AWS and understanding the principles is valuable).
There is great potential to learn and grow within the company as you'll be reporting into the Head of Data Engineering and able to have exposure to a variety of the latest technologies.
This role will suit Junior Data Engineers, Python Developers and Data Engineers open to a new role.
Key Skills and Experience -
- Experience of Python with use of libraries such as pandas, SQLAlchemy, boto etc
- Preference for AWS, then GCP, but any platform is fine if the understanding of core concepts is there
- Understanding of PL/SQL to the level required to convert it to the equivalent python code
- Demonstrate a professional understanding of coding practices including code re-use, portability, scalability, object orientation etc.
- Experience with data visualisation products e.g. Tableau, QuickSight