St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£340 - £425 per day
6 days ago
3 months (+ext)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Database Reliability Engineer for a blue chip company based in St Albans on an initial 3 month contract, outside IR35.
This Database Reliability Engineer will initially be remote but will imminently be 2 days in the office and 3 days remote.
The key responsibilities of this Database Reliability Engineer are:
- Be responsible for the installation, securing, support and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server
- Work within regulatory requirements, namely PCI DSS, ISO27001, and Cyber Security Essentials.
- Drive stability of the database estate by identifying risks and pro-actively mitigating those risks.
- Identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements driven by automation
- Ownership of project work and BAU work to ensure the database estate is available, secure and performant.
The key skills and experience required for this Database Reliability Engineer are:
- Expert Knowledge and experience of MicrosoftSQL Server 2008+
- Performance Tuning & Query Plans
- HA & DR Solutions (AG Groups, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Clustering)
- Resource Governor
- Extended Events
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Azure Technologies
- Proven experience of T-SQL development in Microsoft SQL Server
- SSIS, SSRS
- Previous experience of SQL Server Upgrades
- Previous experience of Database Cloud migrations
- Previous experience working with in-house database platforms and application teams.
- Ideally, have experience with some of Solarwinds DPA, Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus, Service Now
If you do have the relevant experience for this Database Reliability Engineer position, please do apply.