£350 - £400 per day
about 1 year ago
My client, a Global eCommerce oganisation based in Northamptonshire are looking to recruit an experienced Deputy End User Computing Services Manager to be responsible for the day to day support of the End User Computing Services managed within the IT infrastructure and Operations function of the business.
This includes all the End Points such as Printers, Laptops and Desktops used by the end user community and the software and hardware used on these devices such as operating systems, remote network access i.e. VPN access and systems management tools which control the security for these devices and deploy of software and patches. This role is also responsible for the End User Computing collaboration services such as but not limited to Email, Instant Messaging, team collaboration with both internal and external parties for both voice, video and data sharing with tools such as Skype and file sharing systems i.e. OneDrive.
Scope of the role;
- Attending Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings as required and assessing requests for change for their impact on availability.
- Ensuring that all End User Computing Services support teams adhere to the Availability and Configuration management process.
- Work with the Service Delivery Mangers to ensure that End User Computing Services support is delivered in accordance with agreed model approved by the business stakeholders and provided by the End User Computing Services support teams.
-Interface between IT operations, 3rd party support teams and service support teams and all other Technology and Innovation teams (IT Delivery, Business Change).
- Engagement and relationship management with business and service managers.
- Provide input to the Head of EUC Services for vendor service reviews for the End User Computing Services you support.
- Review and report on the End User Computing Services support services with business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Business Change, Vendors, Project, Release, Sprint and Technology teams to ensure new End User Computing Services or changes to existing End User Computing Services are transitioned into support successfully in accordance with the agreed non-functional requirements and go-live criteria, and End User Computing Services lifecycle strategy and requirements.
- Ensure IT Operations has the correct model in place to deliver the necessary End User Computing Services support to the business.
- Support the resolution of incidents with the other IT operations teams for the End User Computing Services within IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Day to day management of availability and relevant security and other vulnerability patching planning and requirements for the End User Computing Services within IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Support the Head of EUC Services with the renewal of contracts with suppliers for the End User Computing Services within IT Infrastructure and Operations.
This is an excellent contract role likely to extend beyond 3-6 months. Free parking onsite and with good transport links across the area. Please send your CV for immediate consideration.