23000-30000 Per Annum Plus bonus and extensive benefits
7 months ago
Desktop/Field Engineer (Citrix, Windows)
Location – Wakefield
Salary – up to £30k plus car, profit related bonus and extensive benefits
We're recruiting for an experienced Desktop Engineer to provide technical desk-side and remote expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) through excellent written and verbal communication. The Desktop team are responsible for the support, installation and maintenance of the end user computing environment within internal warehouses and satellite sites.
The Desktop team supports all hardware and software systems that allow the organisations user base to be problem free with their client computing devices.
Each day you will have to make judgment calls regarding incidents and projects, prioritising to maximise your effectiveness.
- Get involved in incident, change, problem and request management and resolution.
- Ensure that each support ticket owned by you is handled as per our internal processes with the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
- Implement new projects for the business
- Support Microsoft OS, Citrix, and MAC OS platforms documenting all resolutions and improvements to these desktop client systems.
- Provide desk side-support as well as remote and telephone support to ensure desktop systems remain operable.
- Liaise within internal IT Systems various other support teams to triage and resolve customer issues
The position is based around a rotating shift covering 08:00am-18:00pm based on business requirements.
The role will be predominately be based in the Wakefield area, with travel to other sites around the surrounding area and the rest of the UK.
Your Skills and Experience;
- IT experience working in a large corporate environment
- Flexibility to cover unsociable hours and peak periods at short notice
- Experience using Microsoft desktop technologies
- Ability to lead and project manage the delivery of small-medium solutions
- Be able to work on your own initiative and prioritise in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrate excellent problem resolution skills
- Work well as a member of a team
- Can work with other technical teams to understand both the business requirements and functional impact
- Good communication skills both verbal and written pitched to the appropriate level.
- Clean driving license?
- Experience or understanding around Citrix, desktop technology such as printers and hand-held terminals