40000-45000 Per Annum Benefits
6 months ago
Salary circa £45,000 p/a
We are currently seeking a UX Developer to join to join one of the leading financial software providers practice based from our Dunstable office location. You will work closely with the existing UX Development team on a variety of Research and Development projects for our specialist financial services products. As an integral part of project teams you may be required to travel between Sopra Banking Software's offices or to customer sites as and when business requires.
What this role involves;
- Being part of a team working on a cutting edge low-code platform
- Design, build, and maintain highly performant, modular, extensible, re-usable and functional front-end component and services
- Collaborating closely with a small team of designers to build a Design System for decentralised and data-driven applications
- Write clear, consistent, and comprehensive documentation for the Design System
- Ensure that code is appropriately commented and organised in a manner accessible to the team.
- With time begin to mentor and advise junior team members
- Uphold the Design System. Making sure patterns and components are followed but knowing when to allow variation or exceptions and when to extend
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Staying in touch with industry standards and current technologies
Your Skills and Technology Experience;
- Proficiency in modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, feature Queries, etc
- An understanding of HTML semantics and ARIA attributes, and knowing their correct application
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff, with proven experience building modular, design centred interfaces
- Knowledge of unit and functional testing
- Comfortable with version control systems (git)
- Great team skills including the confidence to put your ideas across, even if the idea is initially unpopular, as well as the humility to admit when you are wrong
- Familiarity with Cross-Browser compatibility issues, browser testing and debugging
- Able to articulate design ideas to UI/UX Designer
- Experience in designing and implementing responsive layouts
- Experience building visual interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Be passionate about clean code and code quality.
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, and AJAX
- Good understanding of prototype and OO programming concepts
Desired but not essential;
- Experience with Reactive Programming (i.e. RxJS)
- Working knowledge of CSS pre-processors, like Sass
- Working within TDD
- Experience with UI testing frameworks (i.e. Jasmine, Jest)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience of building and taking products to market in fast-paced environments
- Experience in building performant web applications
- Working with or establishing Design Systems
- Experience developing inclusive web applications
- Experience directly managing a small team. Identifying the right expertise needed, assigning resources, and helping them grow.
What you will be given in return;
You will enjoy their excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.
Our client actively encourages the professional development of their employees with on the job training, access to University e-learning and the benefit of external training opportunities.
Please note if successful you will be subject to a consumer credit check and DBS check. If you have any concerns about this please raise this with us.