Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£45000 - £65000 per annum + bonus + pension + benefits
3 months ago
Lead DevOps Engineer - Harrogate - £45,000-£65,000 Basic plus Benefits
My client are looking to hire into their expanding engineering team in their office in Harrogate. You will be an experienced DevOps Engineer who has successfully helped deploy and has maintained cloud services.
You will have a good understanding of creating and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery cloud platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented engineer to be involved in the deployment of large IoT systems.
This role comprises the following aspects:-
- Developing continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms for a big data cloud solution.
- Develop the automation of deployments .
- Ownership and management of release configuration.
- Ownership of releases with the ability to handle multiple deliverables, both scheduled and unscheduled, like planned releases, major/minor/emergency deployments, builds, etc.
- Support of external customers on the Production cloud platform, including troubleshooting issues and making recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer feedback.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes: -
- Continuous integration/continuous experience with delivery platforms such as Gitlab/Jenkins etc.
- Will have used automation/configuration management tools like Puppet / Chef / Ansible etc.
- Ability to set up release processes and manage software releases in cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles for shipping software to production.
- Strong understanding of change management processes.
- Toolset and technology experience including some or all of the following:- Git, Jira, also ideally SQL and NoSQL Databases, nodeJS.
This is an urgent requirement so please apply immediately to be considered.