Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
£35000 - £40000 per annum
EH Devops Engineer _1559556298
about 1 month ago
My client a Leading Blue-Chip Company based in Stockton-on-Tees are searching for a passionate DevOps Engineer, to help with the company's transformation of the way they develop, build and release software.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Recommending and maturing best practices and tools
- Analysing and improving existing build and release lifecycles.
- Configuring Jenkins and build executors, developing Jenkinsfiles, configuring Jenkins projects, multibranch pipeline configurations, troubleshooting failed builds.
- Configuring networks, subnets, and firewall rules for both Azure and/or on-premises infrastructure.
- Developing builds, pipelines, and storage solutions for dependency libraries and build binaries using Jenkins, Artifactory, Azure Storage, Maven, etc.
- Writing configuration management code for Ansible and ARM.
- Writing container code for Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Writing shell scripts for Bash.
- Working with other departments to requisition and configure new Azure and/or on-premises infrastructure.
- Azure administration and infrastructure development using Azure Portal, ARM templates, Ansible.
- Oracle Database and PostgreSQL configuration and administration.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field,
- Direct experience in Software Development, Networking or System Administration role.
- Experience scripting and automating deployments and management of IT solutions.
- History of building process and repeatability into your work products.
- Broad understanding of tools and technologies with a preference for Azure, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git, and Kubernetes/Helm.
- Source Control (Git, Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS)
- Infrastructure Automation (Terraform)
- Configuration Management (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack)
- Build and deployment of cloud based and hybrid-cloud solutions with Jenkins, Git.
- Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Experience with configuration, automation management, health checks, single point of failure, notifications in either Azure or AWS environments.
If this sounds something of interest, please apply for immediate consideration.