Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
9 months ago
Salary - £45,000 - £60,000 plus benefits
Central Sheffield, South Yorkshire
This is an exciting new opportunity to join the Infrastructure/DevOps team within a highly successful Big Data Software Company. You'll play a huge part in the company's implementation and support of Docker-based products and environments. You will also work closely with other departments on maintenance, deployment, monitoring, and management tools.
Scripting is key to the role meaning you will have strong SQL and preferably Python as well as Linux. Due to the nature of the business they have expertise in both Azure and AWS as their clients use both. Therefore, the company would welcome experience is either.
Key Skills & Experience
- High level of experience with Docker and/or other container technologies
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Strong experience in Linux
- Skilled with scripting in Python or another language
- Use of version control tools (Git/Gerrit) - Desired
- Use of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing and security.
- Experience with Hadoop and Big Data preferred
- Experience with monitoring and metrics tools preferred