Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a major blue chip company in Melbourn, Hertfordshire as a Genome Analyst on a lucrative long term contract.
This Genome Analyst role will be working on an unprecedented genomic initiative, using vast clinico-genomic database.
The key responsibilities in this Genome Analyst role are:
- Applying innovative quantitative genomic analyses to large-scale cohort studies to identify clinically relevant disease and response loci
- Deliver novel insights into the biology of disease, validation of new targets for medicines and the improvement of selection of patients for clinical trials
- Assessing the scientific & technical integrity of algorithms and tools within the analysis pipeline
- Providing detailed reports regarding the study design, analysis approach and research findings and presenting to study teams
The key requirements for this Genome Analyst role are:
- PhD degree (or equivalent experience) in Bioinformatics, Statistical Genetics, Biostatistics, Complex Trait Genetics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline
- Experience in large-scale data analysis, applied statistics, and machine learning
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and non-experts, both verbally and through documentation
- High level understanding or interest in the potential of genomics to impact drug discovery
If you do have the relevant experience for this Genome Analyst role in Melbourn, Cambridge, please do apply.