£40000 - £45000 per annum
24 days ago
My client a leading company based in London are searching for a Geospatial Engineer to drive the development of commercial products. You will be the face of their development function, liaising with customers, partners and collaborators to ensure each job is right first time. A seasoned geospatial engineer, will make recommendations on architecture at a high level for all types of projects and ensure we fully understand business requirements.
An experienced geospatial software engineer specialising in software development, you will bring an exceptional and proven technical skill-set. Resilient and calm under pressure, you will be equally happy engaging with customers and talking to audiences at conferences as well as undertaking hands-on development.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Expert level: GIS technologies such as PostGIS, QGis, gdal, MapBox, LeafLet, VectorTiles
- Up to date on existing Geo standards, technologies and products
- A "full stack" developer able to juggle back end and front end
- Passion for software and willing to learn the latest technologies (JS, React, AWS, GCP, Firebase)
- Confident on suggesting architecture at high level for big as well as small projects
- Willing to become a lean/agile lead expert
- Background of working with and advising customers
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects using a balance of creativity and application
- Track record of development using Agile - ideally in a startup culture
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.