Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
The Bridge IT have partnered with one of the oldest companies in the UK as they look to recruit a Global Technology Lead to drive forward their technology capabilities.
You will be responsible a business building powerhouse, leading a team who help our start-ups to develop their MVPs (minimum viable products) or technology concepts, guiding them on deciding what to build and how best to build it. You are wearing multiple hats, from being responsible for driving engineering services, to striving for 100% start-up satisfaction, leading on new growth opportunities, building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and getting stuck-in with coding or manual testing.
* Leading a team of engineers, creating and delivering the strategy for the business building services in the UK and internationally
* Act as the first point of contact for startups needing support with their technology, helping them to identify their needs, and matching them to the appropriate assistance from your team
* Ensuring your team is set up for success, with the right resources, learning and development activities required to meet current and future technology capabilities
* Responsible for the definition and governance of the appropriate frameworks, principles, tools, policies and standards that apply to software development.
* Accountable for increasing the revenue and community engagement value brought by your team
* Core part of the senior leadership team, helping to define the company strategy, OKRs and inputting into strategic decisions
* Manage the performance of your team, providing motivation and inspiration so that they can deliver maximum contribution to the organisation.
* Network and communicate with senior stakeholders internally and externally and be actively involved in the continuous improvement of the secure software development lifecycle
* Identify and deliver opportunities for efficiencies, improvements and enhancements that contribute to increased customer satisfaction, revenue benefit or team efficiency
* Responsible of negotiating the rates for services that your team will deliver to our start-up customers.
* Management of various ad-hoc projects for the business as required
* You'll have an entrepreneurial mind-set and be comfortable with getting stuck in with everything required to make the organisation a commercial success
* You'll be a social person and happy to spend time talking to founders about how we can help them
* You'll be technically skilled and willing to share your knowledge with your team on tech which may include, but not be limited to: Python, PHP, C++, NodeJS, GO, Docker, AWS, Perl, Docker, PostGIS, QGis or even CSS.
* You'll be an excellent people leader, inspiring and motivating your team, leading by example and fostering a contagiously friendly environment that people love to be part of
* You are driven by purpose and always start from the why
* You are an Agile champion and embrace its principles
* You are "The Lean Startup" approach advocate and happy to apply it within the team and our customers
* Previous experience working with start-ups or similar high-intensity environments is essential
* You work for your team and are happy to be in the trenches close to the action!