Leeds, West Yorkshire
£80000 - £88000 per annum + plus car allowance and benefits
5 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise and Technology Architect, Technology Strategist and Transformation Leader for this senior business and technology focused role.
The focus of our change roadmap is on digital and technology transformation, strategy, and architecture development. The role will be diverse, and will involve a mixture of business facing advisory work, architectural design, technical assurance, strategic leadership, and recommending solutions that make commercial as well as technical sense. This individual will work as a trusted advisor to senior business stakeholders ensuring applications, solutions and technical roadmaps are well articulated, thought through, and applied.
Key accountabilities and objectives:
- Shape a pragmatic and adaptable multi-year technology road map (covering applications, infrastructure, data, and technology suppliers) to shift the business from a position where it is constrained by its technology to one where technology is a source of strategic competitive advantage, including its ability to change at pace.
- Influence and align the organisation around the road-map ensuring that it balances short term priorities with longer term objectives, is commercially sound, technically feasible and reflects our operational risk appetite.
- Ensure that the roadmap is implemented by putting in place appropriate formal mechanisms (e.g., governance, accountabilities, objectives) complemented with less formal methods (influencing, visioning, etc.)
- Adapt the roadmap on an ongoing basis to ensure that it reflects changes to our strategy, market dynamics, technology, suppliers and organisational learning (e.g., our ability to execute).
- Support the COO in defining a strategy for the Technology Function and a transformation roadmap to deliver the strategy.
- Build a high performing architecture and strategy team through a mixture of capability building, recruitment and performance management.
- Own the overall performance (how it performs today) and health (its ability to perform in the future) of the architecture e.g., strategic fit, cost, currency, ease of change, risks
- Own the IT tooling architecture, eg., DevOps Tool Chain, Development tooling, instrumentation, service management tooling, ensuring that it cost effectively supports the Technology operating model.