EH/ Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Technical Lead
5 months ago
My client, a Leading Payment Company based in Welwyn Garden City are searching for a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Technical Lead, who can be primarily responsible for developing and architecting infrastructure components and solutions for platforms including: virtualization solutions (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM), SDN (Cisco ACI, NSX-V/T, ONOS, Contrail), and Cloud Environments (Azure, AWS, and Associated connectivity platforms).
The role is a 40/60 split between driving ongoing improvements to the existing platform, bringing it to‘meet-in-the-middle' with tomorrow's technical strategy around XaaS, Containers/Kubernetes and CD.
Technologies in place include:
- VMware vSphere v6.5, NSX 6.3, vRealize Suite including Operations, Network Insight, Log Insight, Orchestrator and Automation 7.4
- Cisco Nexus – Etherchannel, QoS, VLANs, FabricPath, F5 BIG-IP , VMWare NSX,
- Active Directory, PowerShell DSC, Windows Server 2012 – 2019, SCCM and SCOM
- Microsoft 365 stack – Exchange, SharePoint Online, OneDrive
- Octopus Deploy
- Azure DevOps/VSTS
Experience Required for future platforms
- Azure Hybrid Cloud Services, Networking, Security, deployment automation, DevOps, Monitoring
- Kubernetes Infrastructure\ Docker
- CentOS \ Ubuntu Linux
- Infrastructure as code, including PowerShell, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Proven design and hand on experience of xAAS infrastructure components, Hybrid - on premise and cloud integration, networking design, security design, orchestration and automation, storage, and monitoring technologies. The candidate should have built these environments within an enterprise environment and at scale.
- Production experience with container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Openshift, Swarm) is highly desirable.
- Experience in designing and understanding integrations with key infrastructure systems, requiring knowledge of Active Directory, SQL Server, SCCM/SCOM and Exchange/O365.
- Familiar with a range of operating environments including Windows server platforms 2012-2019 and at least one common Linux distribution (i.e. CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, SuSe).
- The candidate will be expected to be familiar to a high degree with at least one mainline language used in automation (Powershell/Python/Ruby) Also experience with Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar.
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.