Greater Manchester, England
3 months ago
Excellent Salary plus bonus, pension
Location - Greater Manchester
This is an exciting new role for an experienced high level Infrastructure professional within a financial services organisation. You will be the only Infrastructure Architect within the company and act as an Infrastructure SME. There is a need for this person due to the number of projects in the pipeline going forward in line with where they intend to be in 5 years' time. To help them on their journey, IT is area in the business they are heavily investing into - upgrading technologies, migrating to cloud.
As you will be the only Infrastructure Architect you will need to have the ability and confidence to define infrastructure strategy and take the lead role on infrastructure based projects. This role will still remain relatively hands on meaning a strong technical knowledge is required for this role.
Aside from the investment and projects underway within IT, another key feature of the company is their culture. The contract is 35 hours and they allow you to compress those hours into a 4 day week should you choose to take advantage.
Key Skills & Experience
- TOGAF certification preferred
- Relevant Microsoft technical qualifications desirable (MCSA, MCTS, MCSE etc) ideally within Cloud and SQL Server
- Network certification (CCNA etc)
- Excellent experience of Infrastructure architecture within a predominantly Microsoft based stack including Active Directory, IIS and SQL Server with a focus on security, performance and scalability ideally within an ISO 27001 and PCI DSS certified environment
- Practical and demonstrable experience of cloud-based infrastructure (both IaaS and PaaS) with particular focus on Azure