£0.00 - £55000.00 per annum
26 days ago
The Bridge IT have partnered with a national financial organisation to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer based in West Yorkshire.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you join a high functioning Technology Ops team providing Systems Administration for hardware, operating systems and related systems software for relevant infrastructures.
You will have previous experience of operating at a 3rd line level using technology such as: Windows Server, Virtualisation technologies, RedHat and SAN.
* Provide 2nd and 3rd line support services for elements of the associated technology stack across all development, testing and business critical production environments, including on call for out of hours calls.
* To pro-actively manage, maintain and develop IT capacity and performance across the associated technology stack
* Installation, administration and support of IT Systems, both virtual and physical including associated Systems Management software to agreed standards.
* Configuration, implementation and maintenance of core hardware infrastructure including servers, storage, SAN switches and all of the management tools required to support them.
* Maintenance and support of performance, capacity and security applications and appliances.
* Maintain system availability, security and continued vendor support through the delivery of appropriate systems and applications patching.
* Provide effective incident and problem diagnosis and resolution utilising other internal and external support teams when required, taking ownership where appropriate.
* Experience in providing Infrastructure Support Services in the majority of complex Business Critical IT environments such as:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux Installation/Patching
o HPE blade Enclosure/Server installation, configuration and firmware support
o HPE and Pure Storage
o Cisco SAN Administration
o Virtualisation technologies
o Scripting technologies
o IT System Performance Monitoring/Tuning and Capacity management
o Containerised workloads
* Significant automation skills
* Knowledge of how to expose data from systems (for example, through APIs), link data from multiple systems and deliver streaming services.