£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
7 months ago
- Work closely on the design and implementation of solutions with senior members of the Infrastructure and Architecture teams.
- Help produce appropriate infrastructure designs and technical specifications in line with defined processes to support the development of new and improved systems.
- Work within Agile teams to help deliver solutions into live environments, including Azure Devops configuration and Cloud automation.
- Work with the team where required to resolve technical incidents.
- Provide support to colleagues through mentoring and guidance on best practice and continuous improvement.
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours additional support during a major incident where the business need demands it.
- Participate in the IT Operations shift pattern (between 8am and 6pm) and out of hours rota.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
To be successful in this role you will have:
The Bridge It are currently recruiting for an infrastructure engineer
Experience in most of the following technologies;
- Microsoft Server roles
- SQL Server
- VMware and Hyper-V virtualization
- Storage Area Networks
- Cisco network products including switches, firewalls and routers
- Infrastructure management platforms such as Microsoft System Center, Uptrends, ManageEngine
In support of the company's cloud migration strategy, exposure to the following would be beneficial:
- Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Microsoft Azure PaaS
- Azure Resource Manager Templates and Blueprints
- Automated deployments with Azure DevOps
- Cloud Networking
- Cloud Security
In addition, you will be expected to have the following background:
- Proven 3rd line experience of working with enterprise grade IT infrastructure.
- Excellent customer service and strong communication skills both written and verbal, including strong technical documentation skills.
- Previous experience of working within the financial technology sector would be advantageous.
- Microsoft or ITIL certifications would be beneficial.
- Highly motivated individual who can see complex problems as an exciting challenge and be able to provide multiple solutions to meet requirements.