York, North Yorkshire
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
13 days ago
The BridgeIT have partnered with a leading financial services company in central York to help grow a talented Infrastructure team. We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with strong Infrastructure/Server based experience around VMware. An appreciation of Automation, Cloud and DevOps will go a long way as you work with the business to implement new ways of working.
This is opportunity exists with an organisation who believes in providing quality service and will offer the opportunity for up skilling through professional training and exciting project work. Your role will primarily focus on essential 2nd/3rd line support working with technologies like Azure, VMware, Puppet, Terraform, Powershell on Windows and Linux platforms.
Your main responsibilities will involve
- Managing and providing 3rd line support for OS platforms
- Configure tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of infrastructure.
- Assist IT Services in the migration towards a code centric model for managing infrastructure.
- Produce and own system and infrastructure designs, policies and documentation.
- Be a technical subject leader on Enterprise environments, VMware and OS system administration
- Working on projects which migrate legacy infrastructure to new platforms and assist with Azure and virtualised platforms
Essential experience for this position will cover
- Experience working in Enterprise environments and using VMware
- A strong understanding of storage with experience managing enterprise storage arrays and fibre channel SANs
- Strong knowledge of HPE blade technology
- Patch management tools such as Ivanti or WSUS
- A scripting ability using tools such as PowerShell.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems including troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Experience working within project management and project delivery environment
- Some experience with cloud platforms like Azure
You would be joining an environment which promotes growth, team work and holds the highest standards. If you would like more information please get in touch with Justin at the BridgeIT through LinkedIn - or 0113 386 8550/through email at
This role offers a salary up to £45,000 with a great bonus scheme and a 2:1 pension. The company will also offer funding for professional training on Microsoft Azure and other related certifications.
The role is commutable from Wetherby, Leeds, Harrogate, Darlington, Wakefield, Ripon, Selby, Hull, North Allerton, Scarborough, Castelford, Goole, Thirsk