Bradford, W. Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
£0.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
About the Role
Primarily the purpose of this role is the deployment of the End User Computing & Collaboration projects we have as a business, as well as being the Subject Matter Expert for the IT End User Computing and Collaboration Teams. As part of the role it will require the successful individual to be on call, which is paid in addition to the base salary offered for the role.
* Supports the creation and design implementation plans using industry best practices and the latest technologies.
* Provide technical mentoring for the end user computing and collaboration teams to implement those solutions alongside the existing critical services running the core business.
* Manage a range of internal/external stakeholder relationships to ensure that the area of responsibility has the resources necessary to meet their expectations. You will be required to work closely with our IT operation teams to provide 3rd line service continuity, improvement and transition tasks and to deliver assistance in the introduction of new solutions and platforms as a production service.
* Be the SME who takes ownership and accountability for technical, support, implementation and design tasks from initial request through to conclusion and provide an excellent customer service at all times. Address issues that have been escalated up from IT Operational colleagues.
* Compliance with all relevant policies and guidelines
* Develop and enhance positive stakeholder relationships
* Quality of advice provided to others, e.g. Level of business focus
* Conduct all duties in accordance with defined company policy and procedure
* Demonstrated external networking/participation in professional networks
* Demonstration of awareness of relevant industry/technical developments
* You will work with the EUC & Collaboration Manager on performance and capability optimised to meet current and anticipated business requirements
* Performance improvements driven by the appropriate coaching and support of individuals and colleagues
* Demonstrated drive for/commitment to Continuous Improvement
* Provide (where required) Early Life on call support for projects still within warranty
Skills and Experience
* Demonstrate ability and understanding of a wide range of unified communication and end user computing technologies and market development within that space.
* Technically lead collaboration and end user computing projects to transition new services into production support.
* Several years hands-on deep technical experience designing and implementing unified communications and end user computing platforms:
* In depth knowledge of virtualisation platforms such as VMWare vSphere 6
* A good understanding of Load Balancing and Firewalls.
* Experience of root cause analysis and problem management on a range of WinTel infrastructures.
* Demonstrate grounding in understanding their business customers and above all else delivering quality and consistency in project work.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) sufficient to engage effectively at all levels within the organisation.
* Advanced problem solving skills, i.e. an ability to adapt existing approaches and create innovative solutions to highly complex problems, apply strong conceptual knowledge to develop solutions with little/no guidance or existing body of experience, etc.
* Good project management skills and an ability to lead or oversee and/or have a major involvement in large pieces of work.
* Strong people and resource management experience.
* Strong discipline for creation of technical AND process documentation, frameworks and working to defined build standards and templates.
* ITIL Background, firm understanding of ITIL practices, incident, service, change, problem and release management.
* Experience of designing and implementing solutions on or using some of the following technology platforms
* Avaya or equivalent VOIP technologies
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
25 days annual leave increasing with service.
Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
Onsite Gym - Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00
Please click apply to be considered!