50000-60000 Per Annum
5 months ago
Infrastructure Server Specialist
£50,000 - £60,000 plus bonus and excellent company benefits
Leeds - commutable from Bradford, Wakefield, Sheffield, Manchester, York
Working in partnership with a leading organisation The Bridge are looking to recruit an Infrastructure Server Specialist based in Leeds. You will manage day to day operations of cloud based business applications, test and implement cloud-based and on premise technical solutions.
- Design, implement and support core infrastructure services e.g. Active directory, Exchange 2013, Lync, NetBackup, VMware, Citrix XenApp, Symantec AV.
- Participate in capacity, efforts planning with stakeholders and IT groups and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure IT system security and patching baselines are met and security improvements are implemented across the server environment.
- Analyse data from monitoring activities and define comprehensive, system wide improvements, monitors performance and proactively identify issues, making recommendations for eliminating those issues.
- Be a problem solver using technical experience to create and deliver innovative solutions.
- Create documentation related to operational systems, design, configuration, support and processes.
- Design, maintain and test replication & backup processes and disaster recovery (DR).
- Support on-call as per rota plan and perform out of hour changes/activities.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Advance troubleshooting knowledge with Hardware, Windows OS, VMWare, NetBackup and Citrix XenApp.
- Strong virtualization experience using VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Proven experience in building and supporting infrastructure on Azure cloud.
- Knowledge of Networking tools including troubleshooting experience with TCP/IP v4 and v6 protocol, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, ICMP.
- Proven experience of data centre migrations.
If you have the above experience and are keen to work in a fast paced, modern and technology driven environment please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.