£0.00 - £530 per day
about 1 month ago
My client are looking to recruit 2 x Interaction Designers for an immediate start. The roles are INSIDE IR35 and remote for the foreseeable.
In the role you will work out the best way to let users interact with services, using agile ways of working to research, prototype and incubate products, testing them to gather data on what could work for our users.
You will be excited by the challenge of creating digital services that work across multiple channels, devices, browsers and platforms, seeing the bigger picture as well as the fine detail.
You will know how to design in an agile environment and want to help transform the way it delivers services, so that they are simpler, faster and easier to use.
You will also engage with the design community, sharing your skills, knowledge and experience with others across the business.
- Understand how to design services that meet user needs
- Design user-centred interfaces and transaction flows, taking complex information and processes, and making them simple to understand and use
- Create and iterate prototypes to test and communicate ideas, using prototyping tools and HTML/CSS for high-fidelity design
- Ensure that accessibility and usability are built into designs from the outset, and delivering high quality finished designs that meet web standards and design principles
- Build collaborative relationships and work effectively within an agile environment with colleagues
- Explain design decisions and communicate credibly with a wide range of stakeholders
- Welcome constructive criticism of your work and constructively review the work of others across the business
- Experience designing accessible interactive digital products or services that meet user needs - you will need to show evidence of this as part of your application by including links to interaction design portfolio/examples in your statement of suitability
- Core design skills of sketching and prototyping including through rapid prototyping tools and HTML and CSS
- Solid understanding of interaction design methods and practice, with proven experience using data and user feedback to improve services
- Have experience of working with multidisciplinary agile teams in complex environments
- Experience of working with design systems, pattern libraries and style guides
- Strong skills in communicating design decisions; convincing people that user needs and a user-centred approach are the right way to design products and services
- Experience of supporting team members and colleagues in the design process and supporting communities of practice
This role is likely to extend beyond 3 months and gives the opportunity to work as part of a leading Digitial Transformation programme.