60000-70000 Per Annum Plus benefits and 10% matched pension
8 days ago
IT Security Analyst
Reading, Berkshire – up to £70 (depending on experience) plus benefits and car.
Primarily focussed on the design, development and implementation of secure networks. This position is additionally responsible for monitoring and verifying that the network is appropriately protected from internal and external threats, while enabling the organization to work effectively and productively. The position evaluates the risk verses the business value to mitigate and make appropriate recommendations for the business.
Responding and resolving incidents involving Information Systems and related equipment used at the workplace. To work with other members of the team/department as necessary in the planning, estimating, supervising and monitoring of implementation activities and an effective, robust, transition for all new solutions into business as usual operations.
- Deploy, fine tune, and monitor firewalls, proxies, security information and event management systems, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanners, multi-factor/strong authentication technologies, RADIUS servers, and logging servers.
- Define global security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Perform security audits of off-the-shelf and custom applications and infrastructure.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices in risk management techniques and integrate new methods and tools as appropriate.
- Monitor vendor and third-party security reports/lists and proactively patch vulnerabilities.
- Engage with internal and external partners to help design, test, and implement state-of-the-art secure operating systems, applications, networks, and database products/solutions.
- Assists in the planning, design and implementation of security measures created to safeguard access to resources, enterprise networks, computer systems, and data elements.
- Serve as the information security subject matter expert by providing guidance and consulting services to ICT teams and business units on matters related to security.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of IT security and compliance standards and regulations
- Has a strong background in secure networks and has previously worked in a highly sensitive environment (for example MOD)
- Solid understanding and demonstrated experience with network, operating systems, database, and application security concepts, methodologies and technologies required
- Microsoft Windows 7 / Windows 10 / Office 2010 / Office 365.
- Microsoft Server 2008 / 2012
- Active Directory / DHCP?
- Must possess good analytical and communication skills?
- TCP/IP Networking / Client for Microsoft Networking / Basic DSL Router Config / VPN & Remote Support Tools?
- Firewall Configuration
This role will appeal to someone who enjoys the client facing aspects of a role as well as the more technical aspects as you will consult with internal and external clients in respect of assessing IT Security needs and ensuring solutions are fit for purpose. The role also involves ongoing evaluation of current IT and Information Security measures to ensure the company continues to evolve.
Our client offers a vibrant culture to work in – highly collaborative and a relaxed atmosphere. Full training is provided and people who wish to pursue a professional qualification such as CISSP are encouraged to do so at the expense of the company.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo SC level security clearance which will be paid for by the client and this will be a condition of offer, should you decide to take the role.