28000 Per Annum
0113 386 8558
it support eng
about 1 year ago
Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised innovative, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Support Engineer looking to take the next step in their career. Primarily focusing on Technical Support, you will be assisting the IT Manager in a variety of managerial tasks with the overall aim to provide a high-quality IT service.You will have the opportunity to be involved/take ownership of internal IT projects, gain experience of IT Service Management and supplier management.
- User management, creating / removing / password resets and access management.
- Setting up / relocating new desktops, laptops and devices such as printers / tablets etc.
- Liaising with suppliers for supports / warranty claims and other service issues.
- Monitoring alerts and taking appropriate actions (resolve issue / raise ticket with supplier)
- Maintain and develop internal IT SharePoint site.
- Housekeeping of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Generating reports of ticketing system and identifying service issues.
- Supporting internal IT projects and taking ownership of the projects where possible.
- Maintenance and management of ESET smart antivirus server
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of Active directory, VMware, Windows server, or hype-v
- Minimum of 2-year experience within a similar role.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft OS and core Office applications (Win7/10 and Office 2013 and 2016)
- Solid understanding of Microsoft server 2016, Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Strong network infrastructure skills (Routing, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, Ports and Firewall)
- Knowledge of server virtualisation
- The applicant must be a motivated, hands-on person with great interpersonal skills and experienced in delivering excellent customer service.