400-500 Per Day
about 1 year ago
Java Developer - Genomics - Applied statistics - Cutting edge bioinformatics.
My Cambridge based client has an immediate need for several Java developers with a background inGenomics, applied statistics or cutting edge bioinformatic. These are long term positions with a global customer.
The successful candidates must have experience of -
- Proficiency with UNIX / Linux environment including shell scripting
- Experience working in cloud environments, for example with AWS services (RDS, S3, Glacier, Batch)
- Knowledge of genomics community algorithms and solutions. Interest in thepotential of genomics to impact drug discovery
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and perform difficult tasks while working to potentially conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to proficiently communicate with team members and non-experts, both verbally and through documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team in a quickly evolving environment
- Detailed knowledge of core computer science concepts (e.g. object-oriented design, memory management, algorithm implementation) and practices (e.g. version control, agile development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
- Master's degree (or equivalent experience) in a computational field of research, including but not limited to: computer science, bioinformatics, information systems, computational genomics or other computationally extensive scientific field.
- Experience with modern JS framework applied to building interactive scientific visualisations, ability to create UI components and build web user interfaces
- Comfortable using of high performance computing clusters (e.g., Slurm)
- Proficiency in collaborative development tools such as Github, Confluence and JIRA
- Demonstrable experience in delivering robust solutions for large-scale genomics research
- Experience developing and deploying data analytics and informatics solutions in pharmaceutical environment
- Experience of all phases of software development for large-scale analytical pipelines, including analytical programming, scripting and code review
- Previous involvement in public, industry or academic genomics initiatives
- Strong relationships with open-source communities
- Experience with high performance computing, cloud-based bioinformatics and parallel processing
- Demonstrable knowledge of cloud architecture and design best practices (or other distributed processing platforms)
- Knowledge of project management and software development life cycle
- Hands-on experience with SQL or/and non-SQL databases
- Familiarity with database architecture, distributed computing, and high-scale back-end services such as Amazon Web Service or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with application of advanced analytics, including AI, in genomics.