York, North Yorkshire
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
5 months ago
About the Role
The Developer supports the Technical Leads and Architects in the development of services, APIs and user interfaces for our products. Working both independently and as part of a wider technical team, the Developer will work throughout the development life-cycle to deliver high-quality and robust solutions to the highest technical standards.
About our Benefits
In addition to our competitive salary and all the usual benefits (Life assurance, 25-30 days holiday, car parking), we understand that its the small things that make people feel appreciated, so our benefits package also includes:
* Excellent Pension Scheme (Standard 4% Employee - 8% Employer).
* Flexi Hours
* An additional day off for your birthday
* Income protection scheme
* Closed for Christmas
* Gym discount
* £1,500 referral scheme
Your main duties will include:
* Be involved in key areas of software development, including evaluation, recommendations, implementation, testing, maintenance and documentation
* Provide reasonable effort and duration estimates for the delivery of requirements in the context of the wider project lifecycle, and assist QA and less experienced developers in doing the same
* Effectively work and contribute as a team member sharing information and experience where applicable together with a willingness to contribute ideas to enhance projects
* Accept, follow and contribute to agreed development standards
* Developing high quality and well tested code following the teams agreed coding standards
You will have a real passion for programming & software development, but don't want to just cut-code from a specification - you'll want to be part of the whole software development lifecycle, making positive contributions to the Agile projects you are working on.
You will have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels using proficient people management skills.
You will have ambition and drive to grasp the opportunities on offer within a forward thinking technological organisation.
Please click apply to be considered!