£40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits
about 1 month ago
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven Commercial Experience with Node JS and TypeScript.
- Node.js / Express JS. Our backend is built entirely on Node.js, so experience would be brilliant.
- Git version control.
- Unit, functional and end to end testing using Jest, Cypress or any well-known framework.
Nice to have's
- Next JS
- Experience with AWS API Gateways, Lambda functions would be beneficial.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Use follow established design patterns and techniques.
- Write clean idiomatic code adhering to industry coding standards.
- Add appropriate logging and monitoring needed to help with debugging.
- Write tests with adequate coverage, independently.
- Own the implementation of the solution to their assigned task.
- Code in an easy to understand, change, and maintainable manner.
- Proactively improve components, modules, services, systems, and codebases encountered.
- Add domain specific metrics to help understand application performance.
- Consider and test edge-cases.
- Spot opportunities to improve testing.
- Choose the right data structure for what you are trying to solve.
- Accept feedback graciously.
- Proactively provide feedback to those you work with.
- Proactively raise issues you spot in retrospectives.
- Deliver assigned tasks that meet expected criteria.
- Work well within a team - focused on tasks that contribute to team goals.
- Attempt to unblock yourself first before seeking help.
- Manage your own time effectively, prioritise your workload well, on time for meetings, aware when blocking others and unblocks.
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for Immediate consideration.