£700.00 - £725.00 per day
about 1 month ago
Our client is delivering a new digital operating model that will underpin and enable them to take full advantage of new digital opportunities.
The main elements -
- The re-procurement of the underlying technology and service capabilities and exit from the current supply arrangement;
- Transition to the new technology platforms;
- Implement a new suite of IT Service Management tools and operational process to underpin effective service delivery;
- Integrate new and retained suppliers into the new mode of operating to enable a more joined up user experience; and
- Migration to cloud platforms for business applications and identity and access management (IDAM) services.
Within this programme, the Architecture function is responsible for the overarching architecture to enable the programme to migrate from the incumbent suppliers and current commercial to the new digital operating model.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
Provide architectural support to all areas of the Programme, including both procurement and delivery functions, with a focus of ensuring the solutions proposed or delivered support the service requirements and the stated outcomes.
Making an active contribution to the governance of the procurements and delivery through various forums and processes. These typically may include:
- Architecture governance
- Change Management
- Service requirements / dependency management forums
- Risk and Issue Management
Working with the wider business to consult and agree how services will be transitioned from the existing arrangements to the new suppliers in a manner that minimises business impact.
Engagement with other major programmes, understanding the intercept with other initiatives, representing and explaining the programme to all levels of stakeholders, and making recommendations to ensure best value.
Ensure that appropriate standards and policies are adhered to. Manage the architectural aspects of the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to achieve stable, viable designs, and ensuring consistency of design.
The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
The role holder will be responsible for the following:
- Development and assurance of conceptual, logical and, to a lesser extent, physical architectural products to inform the architecture and strategy for the Programme. These typically may include:
o Architecture Views
o Position papers
o Diagrams & Architecture Models
o High Level Transition Solutions
- They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions, including:
o Solution technical design preparation and oversight
o Solution costs model preparation and oversight
- Oversight of bidders/suppliers' technical solutions and strategies for alignment with technology roadmap and strategy
- Maintain relationships with relevant external suppliers and customer acting as the trusted technical adviser
- Senior Infrastructure Architecture experience within large organisations and complex estates
- Experience of large-scale technology transitions and transformations across multi sourced platforms and infrastructures
- Commercial experience of large-scale technology outsourcing programmes and supplier/vendor management expertise
- Able to manage supplier's and work cohesively within a larger internal Architecture team to escalate Architecture or Delivery issues
- Able to work independently to lead delivery of new infrastructure/technology services or significant changes from inception through delivery
- Able to work across mixed and disparate teams and groups.
- Able to understand business context and engage with senior stakeholders
- Able to work with all levels within an organisation: from providing expert guidance, opinion, and recommendation to senior stakeholders within the programme, to working with front-line staff in the business to understand how they exploit technology.
- Detailed technical experience and knowledge of applications and infrastructure technologies integral to a large and distributed estate
- Experience of migrating business critical applications from on premise to cloud hosting services