Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £0.00 per annum + up to £70k plus benefits
28 days ago
Lead Big Data Engineer
Location - Leeds
If you're happy to be less hands-on with the day-to-day data engineering and more in favour of focusing on getting the best out of a team then this is the role for you.
You'll have a flair for mentoring and coaching, you'll know instinctively if someone around you is struggling and be there to support them.
Using an array of established frameworks, you'll find what works for your team in terms of planning for their career and personal development.
You'll work closely with product and technical owners and facilitate the advancement in each area.
As a lead data engineer, we still see you as being on a step in a long journey of your career development, so you'll spend time with your engineering manager and work together to form a development plan that benefits both you and the team.
Joining the team you can expect to work with:
- Established and establishing teams of innovative and enthusiastic data engineers, testers, data scientists, business analysts, solution architects, product owners and delivery leads
- New and existing data pipelines, extracting, loading and transforming billions of records and messages each day
- A large Hadoop cluster using HDFS, HBASE, Hive and Impala
- A mix of Scala, Spark, Python, Groovy, Ruby, SQL, Docker, Vault and more
- Version control using Git
- Orchestration and scheduling using Jenkins
- Platforms that scale and perform, or that at least will with your help