Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
£0 - 80k per year
0113 380 1905
4 months ago
Lead Cloud Engineer (AWS) - Harrogate (2 days in the office) - £80,000
The Bridge IT are working with a global financial organisation in Harrogate to recruit a Lead AWS Engineer.
Over the past 18 months the company has had success in developing their cloud and automation capabilities with multiple hires. They are now searching for a Lead Engineer who can drive forward available services as part of a platform, using technologies such as: AWS, Terraform, Jenkins, git, Python.
• Deploy, configure, evaluate and make recommendations regarding AWS architecture and service components as a subject matter expert
• Optimize resource requirements for cost and performance benefits
• Review and enhance solutions to minimize vulnerability to penetration and abuse, and provide quality audit deliverables.
• Production of servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with our build standards. Also, active development and enforcement of these standards.
• Review work orders and designs to provide critical feedback to the requestor and other business areas to accept, adapt or decline solution development effort (in this case, within Agile team methodology).
• Troubleshoot networking services, application protocols and AWS services direct other business and technical teams during problem solving.
• Maintain standards, assuring solutions are compatible with disaster recovery, patching, compliance, monitoring requirements for ongoing support and maintenance activities. Review team deliverables and uphold the standards across the team.
• Deploy changes in accordance with change control processes assist with the creation and updating of change control process guidelines. Support team members with change control process and escalations. Peer review and feedback for IaC deliverables using git.
• Create and update platform documentation.
• Mentor less experienced team members and provide small group training and knowledge transfer.
• Continuously evaluate all systems and processes for service improvements. Avoid and reduce technical debt. Use automation and orchestration solutions to reduce incidents and on-call effort.
• Ensure skills are updated by attending the appropriate courses, utilization of reference materials, Internet resources, and vendor sponsored seminars. Coach and train team members.
• Interact closely with all levels of team members across business units within the company.
• Collaborate with Business Owners, Product Owners and Project Managers to prioritise and align work effort with business value.
experience with a combination of cloud, devops, automation and IaC development, to explicitly include AWS delivery projects.
Experience of container platforms (Kubernetes and Nexus etc)
Certification in AWS, Terraform and/or related DevOps domains.