£80000 - £100000 per annum + £100k+ package
12 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Senior Data and Analytics Engineer in a hands off, leadership position, with a major pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge.
This Lead Data and Analytics Engineer role will be completely remote for the rest of 2020 and will then become a mixture of remote and on site in Cambridge.
This Lead Data and Analytics Engineer role will be extremely AWS focused and you will be responsible for liaising with different business units, proposing new ways of working and then driving through best practise changes, ideally in an Agile manner. Defining effective ways of end-to-end delivery of thedata and analytics platform is key.
Some of the key elements of this Lead Data and Analytics Engineer role are:
- * This will be a predominantly hands off role but will have influence over circa 60 staff (Senior Data & Analytics Engineers, Scrum Masters, Architects etc.)
- * You will be managing managers
- * There is no direct line management responsibility, although you would be responsible for the overall delivery of the juniors
- * You will be the point of contact to liaise with many other departments and senior stakeholders
- * You will prise out requirements from other stakeholders as to what their high level needs are
- * E2E stack experience would be good (ingestion - visualisation)
- * You will be setting expectations within the business of what is possible and this will include managing expectations of certain stakeholders
- * You will be working very closely with the Platform Lead
- * Strong communication skills is essential for this role
Experience with the below technologies would be very helpful for this Lead Data and Analytics Engineer position:
- Experience of working with a range of data & analytics architectures: distributed computing (Hadoop/Spark), NoSQL, virtualization, data streaming, container technology (Docker), traditional warehousing etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Big Data ecosystem. This might include: HDFS, Hadoop, Parquet, Spark, Spark streaming, HBase, HIVE, PIG, Presto, Sqoop, Mesos etc.
- Experience with and knowledge in AWS Cloud services. We currently use EMR, SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, IAM, Cognito, Cloud formation, Aurora, Redshift, Glue etc.
If you do have the relevant technical and leadership skills for this Lead Data and Analytics Engineer position, please do send through a copy of your CV.