£65000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Lead Data Scientist
Location - Reading, Berkshire
Salary - £65,000 - £85,000 with bonus, benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist looking for career progression or an established Lead Data Scientist looking for a new challenge elsewhere.
You will be working within a Data & Analytics HUB based in the centre of Reading for a large organisation who understand the value Data and Insight can bring. Reporting into the Head of Data Science for the company you will at new areas to bring new insight from complex data sets.
Data scientists for the company work in small agile teams applying state-of-the-art techniques from data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence & decision optimization as well as building advanced data visualizations. They are building an advanced cloud analytics platform and utilise a variety of data sources ranging from weather, fault & maintenance, to telematics and use advanced supporting technologies.
You will be confident in a variety of different tools and languages such as R, Python & Scala. You will be experienced in either a Hadoop or AWS environment. Stakeholder management and strong communication is key as you will work with and mentor more inexperienced Data Scientists in the team to support them developing models using various machine learning techniques.
Key Skills & Experience
- 5 + years' experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong academic background in Mathematics - preferably statistics, Economics etc
- Experienced in Hadoop and AWS environments
- Strong experience in various languages such as Scala, R, Python & Java (python is preferred)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication and able to help coach other members of staff
- Excellent SQL
- Applied statistics and data mining techniques
This role will suit experienced Data Scientists, Senior Data Scientists, Lead Data Scientists.