plus excellent benefits
1 day ago
Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Watford Perm: Upto £75,000 per annum plus benefits
The Bridge IT are working closely with a leading Health and Wellbeing company in the Watford area to recruit a permanent Lead Infrastructure Engineer. This role will become a key part of the Infrastructure Services and we are searching for ahands on Lead Engineer who enjoys collaborating with a variety of different stakeholders and possesses expertise in Windows Servers & VMWare.Alongside thisthe role will involve the leadership and development of a team that provides comprehensive IT Systems Administration services for the Windows infrastructure across the organisation. The company in question are in a period of transition so now is a great time to join!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive the evolution of the strategic road mapwithin the IT Infrastructure department; supporting the Head of IT/IT Manager with the shared strategic objectives.
- Project assessments, planning and the delivery of project items.
- Manage the continual service improvement works required of the department.
- Oversee all operations of the ITIL service management function.
- Engage with business executives, team managers, team leaders to draw down IT requirements, evaluate and offer improvement tasks, managed via the ticketing system.
- On occasion, evaluate the internal and external monitoring and alerting of the IT estate. Investigate methods of improvement, and refinement of the solution.
- Act as an escalation point for the 2nd and 3rd line support, 24/7.
- Drive internal IT policies and support the business within their industry/security compliance standards.
- Drive forward the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans of the business – improving current offerings.
The Knowledge & Skills you'll have:
- Strong team leadership experience, possible managerial experience, and project delivery experience.
- Significant experience in design and administration of Microsoft Windows Servers (2008 – 2016) – all required. Experience with upgrade paths for Microsoft Windows Services.
- Expertisewith Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, VMware vSphere Hyper-visors, and Microsoft's Distributed File System.
- Advanced knowledge of both Windows and Linus operating system administration; common tool setslike Apache, Atlassian tools and many more will strongly be desired.